SMS reads " Garry Bindar is no more "

yesterday morning I getup and read this sms by my friend Sai Ballal " Garry Bindar is no more " , he had send this message at 00.00 hrs, and entire 52 episodes of "Kahani Teri Meri" ran through my mind, all behind the scenes with Garry had become fresh, and there was complete silence in my brain, Garry died of blood cancer at the age of 34 , unbelievable, he shouting, his laughing, his bad words are all echoing in my hears, he was a child, and intelligent child, wanting to make it big, wanted to go beyond Ekta Kapoors expectations, amazing energy level he had, I can go on and on with the little little experiences we had together, the satisfaction after a good scene and the anger when the same scene was ruthlessly cut by some Nivadita, making manav perform beyond his physical limits.
This scene Garry enjoyed the most, when Urvashi had to remove my shoes while talking to me, and she was not comfortable doing it, and Garry was having a galla time forcing her to do it, I still remember his smile, he loved troubling her as she was an odd man out, and everything happen in a sporting manner, he wanted her to remove both of my shoes and in the process I could sense her uncomfort I suggested that as she goes to remove my shoes , I will do it myself , but her insisted that it has to be her , but ultimately I stopped her doing that in the scene, he had fun , he laughed like a child. That laughter still echos.

I met him first at Ekta's bangalow, and thought the was an actor, he was very tall and handsome, I always said to him " तू साला हीरो लगता है " and he use to laugh it out.
he had put in lot of effort in the serial and then when it was on air there was pressure on him regarding TRP , and too much interference from non creative people was were the decision makers, I remember one scene were I tell my mother played by Shama Deshpande " माँ क्या में तेरा सौतेला बेटा हूँ , क्यूंकि तुम दृव्बो से जादा प्यार करती हो , लेकिन माँ तुम खाना नही खाती हो तो मुझे भी तकलीफ होती है " and I have tears in my eyes, lovely scene , and best of all Garry loved it, he hugged me after the scene and said to me " तू साला बाप ऐक्टर है "। was happy and when the scene was telecast it was ruthlessly cut by the Creative head, lost it charm, and that upset Garry, and he said how do they expect good TRP when such beautiful scenes are chopped like this, he was a real director a leader, he had his style, and he knew he was good, and he lived up to his expectations.

I lost touch with Balaji and television and Garry, and the serial had become very uncomfortable, for everyone, too much pressure from the Sony channel, and it was highest paid serial at that time, and was expecting too much from it, I was upset as my role was not given importance, and I lost interest and I doing V.K.Naiksaheb's film that time, Garry use to say good you are doing films, him dreamed of doing one, He had taken a CD of My film "Devki" and wanted to remake it in Hindi. After the serial was off air, we lost touch for almost 4 years, till that sms " Garry is no more ".
I was asking God to give strength to the family of Pradeep khare and Garry Bindar, who have left this planet much much before time, but now I ask God to give Strength to me also. as it is hard to bare all this.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

" Campus " Successful serial on Zee

" Sakha Bhau Pakka Vairi " ( Marathi Film) Trailor

" Campus "