No Smoking Just Breathing

Many of my friends are Smokers, and I am concerned about them, every time they smoke I feel uncomfortable, and because I become passive smoker but because I can visualise the damage being done to their lungs, the nicotine which goes in the blood, earlier I used to take a cigarette from the person who offered me and crush it in front of him, he used to get very upset and would say " why do you take it when you don't smoke? you have wasted money. " this used to be only one time trick as the next time that person never offered me his cigarette.
This time Jay Pandia one of our lead actor in this film called " Most Wanted " not knowingly offered me his cigarette but I didn't crushed it but broke it, and asked my driver Geetish to apply it on the wind screen of my car, Jay was surprised, didn't feel that his cigarette was wasted because he too didn't know like many others that " Rubbing Tobacco on the wind screen of you car in rainy days helps water flow and doesn't allow the water to stay on it, which helps the driver to have a clear view while driving in rains.


I have been thinking a lot about these intelligent people who smoke, and if they are intelligent why do they ignore the health risk, and I myself found the answers to these question, it becomes extremely difficult to quit smoking as the nicotine goes into your blood stream, and like you get hungry same way smokers feel the need to smoke after certain period. and if they try to quit then the symptoms are hard to handle.
Again the question arises why do people feel like smoking in the first place, most of them start at very early age, like once Sunil Dattsab mentioned that carrying 555 packet was a style, yes most of them smoke as fashion & style and then get addicted to it, and when they realise it has already become too late.

I too get the urge to smoke when I have to do an intense scene, or when I need to concentrate and there is a chaos on the set and when it becomes difficult to think, I have found out this unique way of concentration without affecting my health, this has become like meditation, you hold an imaginary cigarette in your hand, hold it it as if it is real, take deep breath, inhale and hold it, then exhale slowly, you need deeper concentration and your mind is not ready to listen to you then take 10 imaginary cigarettes or a cigar and inhale all of it in one go, here we have a advantage which even smokers also don't have, that is no fear of anything , no money waste, on health waste. I would like to thank Photographer Sandy who has clicked these photographs, and made me think and share for the smoker friends , I too sympathise with them and am trying to help them quit and lead a health life, make family happy especially the spouse who has to live with the smell. and make their children proud. So friend Stop smoke and start breathing

Comments

Unknown said…
What n idea !!

But a Necessary message to pass on.... Bravo !

Popular posts from this blog

" Campus " Successful serial on Zee

" Sakha Bhau Pakka Vairi " ( Marathi Film) Trailor

" Campus "