Acting Guru Kishor Namit Kapoor




Kishor Kapoor , a dear friend, my co-actor, my philosophical guide, and also my acting Guru, he played many roles in my live, we first met on the set of a Hindi film " Hum bachche Hindustan Ke ", he always said he saw a spark in me, he considered me as a raw material which can be moulded, he took me to Govind Saraiya personally at Nepansea Road residence, and when I was casted for the teenage Hindi film " Waqt se pehele " he personally trained me for the role, we use to meet at birla krida kendra, marine lines. at 2.00pm we started meeting and the training went on till he was satisfied, improvisations, visualisation, relaxation, then making me comfortable with the co-actor Suparna.
And unknowingly we became fond of each other, we became friend, he use to Act then, he was playing my father in the film, and in one scene he had to hit me because the principal has complained against me, he hit me really hard, it was very realistic, I was young and took it sportingly.
We both do lot of workshops, hunger project, action workshop with Kursheed Merchant, Vitality Workshop, then we do Reiki together with our common friend Lokendra Sharma. Kishore Kapoor once took me to All India Radio, Mumbai station, and I was so fascinated that time that I never imagined I would work there for two & half years, he had introduced me to Lokendra Sharma his dear friend, who became my dear friend when I joined Radio as Transmission Executive ( Trex ),
After I quit Radio Kishor Kapoor was the first person I went, and by that time he had started his Acting School, in his flat. I was enrolled immediately and was given scholarship, the batch was Stardust Academy, seven people were selected by iminant personalities of the industries, amoung them was Sonali Bendre, Divya Dutta, Amar Upadhay, Indrayani Bannerjee and I was put into that group, then after the coarse I continued there for some time, I got a film called " Vartaman" as a second lead directed By Pradeep Maini, Kishor Kapoor use to keep on recommending me to many producers and directors, I was too young, and didn't know the film industry much, we both had our portfolio together shot on his terrace.
Eventually we became very good family friends, I had to his Delhi house many a times, my functions or his get together we were an integral part of each others family.
Slowly he became India's best Acting teacher and got very busy, I too was busy with serials and films, and time went by, he got married and had a blissful marriage had two kids, and was into his world, then our meetings were less, mostly spoke on phone, his mother I call her " Chiagi " bestowed love and affection and gives lot of blessings, she is a scent....
Today when I spoke to him regarding one family friends admission, I became very nostalgic, went into the flashback, remember the moments we spent together, his contribution in my career, also in my over all development.
He still has lot of hopes on me, he always said and believed that I will make it big, when Hritick Roshan became a star and mentioned Kishor Kapoor name on stage I envied him, I wanted to do it and never had a opportunity to so, I think the life time achievement award which I am going to get will surely give me that opportunity to mention his name to the world that " This Man Kishor Namit Kapoor has turned an ordinary stone into a diamond "

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

" Campus " Successful serial on Zee

" Sakha Bhau Pakka Vairi " ( Marathi Film) Trailor

" Campus "